INDIVIDUAL REGULATIONS (IREX) for
Article 1 – PURPOSE OF EXHIBITION
BANGLADESH 2023, FIP Sponsorship International Stamp Exhibition shall be held for the following purposes:
- To celebrate Golden Jubilee of Bangladesh Independence 1971-2021.
- To celebrate Silver Jubilee Anniversary of Bangladesh Philatelic Federation 1998-2023.
- To promote friendly relations and maintain close co-operation amongst the philatelists and stamp collectors throughout the world.
- To promote philately and stamp collecting at the international level.
Article 2 – ORGANIZATION, DATE AND VENUE
- BANGLADESH 2023 FIP Sponsorship International Stamp Exhibition is organized by Bangladesh Philatelic Federation in accordance with the Fédération Internationale de Philatélie (FIP). BANGLADESH 2023 is managed and run by an Organizing Committee.
- BANGLADESH 2023 will open on September 29, 2023, and close on October 02,
- The exhibition will be held at the Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Segunbagicha, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Approximately 400 exhibition frames will be available.
Article 3 – REGULATIONS
- BANGABLADESH 2023 will be International Stamp Exhibition organized by Bangladesh Philatelic Federation with FIP Sponsorship.
- Prakob Chirakiti is the FIP Representative for BANGLADESH 2023.
- The following regulations shall be applicable to BANGLADESH 2023:
- The General Regulations of the FIP for Exhibitions (GREX)
- The General Regulations of the FIP for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (GREV)
- The Special Regulations for the Evaluation of Competitive Exhibits at FIP Exhibitions (SREVs)
- The Individual Regulations for BANGLADESH 2023 (IREX)
Article 4 – CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
A. Competitive Exhibition Classes:
- Exhibitors from invited FIP member Federations shall be eligible for participating at BANGLADESH 2023.
- An exhibitor who satisfies the following may submit exhibits: Entries awarded at least 70-points at national exhibitions or recommended by National Federation, or which have been exhibited at exhibitions with FIP or FIAP patronage, will be eligible.
B. Non-Competitive Classes:
- Entries in non-competitive classes shall be by special invitation at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Article 5 – EXHIBITION CLASSES
- Non-Competitive Classes
- Post Official Exhibits
- Other Non-Competitive Exhibits
- Competitive Classes
Class 1: Traditional Philately
- Rest of the World
Class 2: Postal History
- Rest of the World
Class 3: Postal Stationery
Class 4: Revenue
Class 5: Thematic Philately
Please indicate clearly in the Exhibit Application Form as to the subclass (A, B or C) the exhibit is entering.
Class 6: Maximaphily
Class 7: Open Philately
Class 8: Modern Philately (1980 onward)
Exhibits may be entered under only one of the following sub-classes:
(A) Traditional Philately, (B) Postal History, (C) Postal Stationery & (D) Revenue
Class 9: Picture Post Card
Class 10: Youth Philately
- 10-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 19-21 years old (All ages as of January 1, 2023)
Class 11: One Frame Exhibit
Exhibits in this class should be based on a narrow subject that is best treated as One frame. An extract from a past International award-winning multiple frame exhibits (5 to 8 frames) to One Frame is not allowed.
Awards are presented by Points (60 points to 100 points) and awarded by certificates only. Souvenir medal of BANGLADESH 2023 will be given to all participants awarded 60 points or above. Certificate of Participation will be given to exhibits attaining less than 60 points. Please indicate clearly in the Exhibit Application Form above which class exhibit applying for the One Frame exhibit.
Class 12: Philatelic Literature
- Philatelic books and research papers (published on or after January 1, 2018)
- Philatelic magazines and periodicals (the whole annual volume issued after January 1, 2021)
- Catalogues (published after January 1, 2021)
Article 6 – JUDGING OF EXHIBITS AND AWARDS
- The Jury for BANGLADESH 2023 will be appointed by the Organizing Committee in consultation with the FIP Representative. Members of the Jury will be FIP/FIAP accredited Jurors as well as National Jurors from participating Federations.
- The organizing Committee may also appoint a certain number of Apprentice judges in consultation with the FIP Representative and National Federation.
- Exhibits in the Non-Competitive Class will receive suitable commemorative
- For Competitive Classes (other than Class 11 One-Frame Exhibit), the awards are as follows:
- Large Gold medals
- Gold medals
- Large Vermeil medals
- Vermeil medals
- Large Silver medals
- Silver medals
- Silver Bronze medals
- Bronze medals
- All medals will be awarded with appropriate
- A Certificate of Participation will be given to exhibits attaining less than 60
- Special Prizes provided by the Organizing Committee and donated by the National Federations and National Commissioners of participating countries and regions, will be placed at the disposal of the Jury.
Article 7 – FRAME SIZE AND ALLOTMENT OF FRAMES
Exhibition frame at BANGLADESH 2023 shall have a capacity of all FIP recommended allowable exhibit sheet sizes. Frame capacity for 16 (4 x 4) standard size sheets of 23cm wide x 29cm high
- All exhibits must be mounted or prepared on white or light-colored Dark coloured sheets will not be accepted.
- Every exhibit shall be allowed 5 or 8 frames (except for the classes 10, 11 and 12)
Class 10: Youth Philately
- 1 – 3 frames
- 2 – 4 frames
- 3 – 5 frames
Class 11: One-Frame Exhibits 1 frame.
Article 8 – APPLICATIONS AND ACCEPTANCE
- Exhibitors shall submit one Exhibit Application Form for each exhibit applied for through the National Commissioner of their respective countries.
- All exhibits must have been the property of the exhibitors for a minimum of two years before the exhibition.
- The Organizing Committee shall have the final authority to accept or reject the application without specifying the reason.
- Exhibit Application form duly filled shall be submitted, together with a copy of the introductory page, in English languages, by June 10, 2023.
- Exhibitors may enter exhibits under a However, their true identities must be notified to the Organizing Committee (GREX Article 16).
- Notification of acceptance or rejection shall be sent to the respective Commissioner no later than by June 30, 2023.
- The National Commissioners will collect all the frame fees from their exhibitors and remit the full amount to the Organizing Committee of BANGLADESH 2023 by July 20, 2023, at the latest. All bank fees are to be borne by the payer/sender.
- Each exhibit shall be listed in the exhibition catalogue under its given title as stated in the application form.
- When the title of the exhibit differs from the original title (irrespective of minor or major changes), the previous title of the exhibit must be also stated in exhibit application form. Furthermore, the exhibitor’s identity number created by FIP must be This ID number can be obtained from the secretary of the respective Federation.
Article 9 – PARTICIPATION FEE
- There is no fee for Non-Competitive Class
- The participation fee for Competitive Classes (except Classes 10, 11 and 12) is US$35 per
- The participation fee for Youth Philately Class (Class 10) US$10 per frame
- The participation fee for One Frame Exhibit (Class 11) is US$ 65
- The participation fee for Philatelic Literature (Class 12) is US$65 per Payment Transfer:
Bank Deposit / Electronic Transfer
Account Name: BANGLADESH PHILATELIC FEDERATION
Bank name: Southeast Bank Ltd. Bank Account No: 002411100008501
Swift Code: SEBDBDDHBAN
Bank Address: Gulshan Branch, Plot #6A, Block – CES (F), Banani Branch, 67 & 68, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Phone: +8802 55034171
PayPal transfer facility also available: PayPal transfer id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 11 – HANDLING OF EXHIBITS
- Commissioners are to deliver exhibits excepts Literature Class to the Bin Room at the time notified by the Commissioner General.
- Exhibitors MUST NOT send exhibits to the Organizing Committee by courier or through the mail system.
- Inventory form must be submitted through National Commissioner before the deadline notified by the Commissioner General.
- Exhibitors in the Philatelic Literature Class (Class 12) must send two copies of each title no later than by August 30, 2023, in order that preliminary judging may take These copies are not returnable. Periodicals may be exhibited as a complete volume only. The address to which the exhibits must be sent shall be informed by the Organizing Committee in due course.
- Bangladesh exhibitors are to deliver their exhibits to the Bangladesh Commissioner, either by courier or in person. They will be notified of the address for delivery to the Bangladesh
- Commissioners will be required to mount and dismount their exhibits with the assistance of a representative of the Organizing Committee.
- Exhibits arriving later than the date stipulated will not be The participation fee will not be refunded in case of late or non-arrival of exhibits.
- Each exhibit sheet must be placed in a transparent protective The sheets shall be numbered on each page at the front lower left or right corner.
- Each exhibit received will be acknowledged with a An exhibit will only be returned after the exhibition to the respective Commissioner in exchange for the receipt.
- Details of Bangladesh Customs requirements will be advised to Commissioners.
Article 11 – ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS
- By submitting the Exhibit Application Form, the exhibitor shall be deemed to accept the stipulations of the IREX, GREX, GREV and SREVs.
Article 12 – RIGHTS OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Every exhibitor applying to exhibit at BANGlADESH 2023 is deemed to have accepted the stipulations of the IREX.
- The Organizing Committee shall have the right to revise the IREX if Exhibitors shall be promptly notified of any of such revisions either directly or through his Commissioner.
- The Organizing Committee shall have the right to adjudicate any problems arising that are not covered by FIP Regulations or by the IREX, and its decisions shall be final.
Article 13 – CONTACT ADDRESSES
- Bangladesh Philatelic Federation
Address: E-4 Tanaka Tower, 42/1/GA Segun Bagicha, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
- The Commissioner General of BANGLADESH 2023
Name： Kazi Shariful Alam
- Secretary General & Chief Exhibition Coordinator of BANGLADESH 2023
Name：Mohammed Monirul Islam
- The Website of BANGLADESH 2023 www.bangladesh2023.com
Organized by: Bangladesh Philatelic Federation